What to Know for Your Menswear Appointment
As brides and grooms begin to call about scheduling their menswear appointments, we get lots of questions about what to bring, what to wear and what to expect. Booking the menswear for your big day should be one of the easiest tasks on your wedding planning to-do list. So don’t stress! Here are a few tips on what to know for your appointment…
- Before the appointment send in your groom’s measurements. Unless you come to our Berry Hill store (which is co-located with our warehouse), we will have to get your groom’s measurements beforehand so that we can have your desired styles in his size at the appointment.
- Plan for about an hour. We have some couples who know exactly what they’re looking for, and that is great! But for others we may need to try some different “looks.” We recommend about 45 minutes to an hour for our grooms’ fittings because that gives enough time for him to try-on a couple different styles. It also provides plenty of time for us to nail down what the groomsmen, ushers, Dads and ring bearers will all be wearing.
- Know the names of the members of your bridal party. We can always add these details later, but if you’re trying to make the most of your appointment, we recommend having your bridal party list ready. Once we have the names of all your groomsmen, ushers, Dads, and ring bearers, we can create your wedding party group in our system.
- Have some color swatches ready. We can easily match almost any color with our vests and ties. Most colors we will have in stock, but if we don’t have it, we can most likely order it for you. However, it is very difficult to ensure a “perfect match” from a picture. So if you’re able to bring in a fabric swatch of the color you’re trying to coordinate with, that will help us a lot!
- Have him wear a plain white t-shirt and black dress socks. No matter what styles or colors you choose, your groom will want to have an undershirt on as he tries on different “looks.” It’s important that he does NOT wear a tank top because those necklines will show under the dress shirt. As for the socks, it’ll just feel better for your groom to have dress socks on while he’s trying on our different dress shoes.
We love working with all you sweet brides and grooms! We know this time in your life can be so stressful but also very exciting and wonderful. Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to make your planning easier! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day! Happy Wedding Planning!
- groom's attire
- nashville wedding inspiration
- nashville wedding planning
- nashville real wedding
- nashville wedding vendors
- street tuxedo