5 Things to Do as Soon as You Get Engaged
He’s popped the question, and you’ve said “yes!” Congratulations, now the real fun begins! As you have probably noticed already, the questions start pouring in as soon as that ring is on your hand… “Have you set a date?” “Where will you have the ceremony?” “Are you going on a honeymoon?” And just like that, your excitement can easily turn into a whirlwind of stress. So to keep yourself calm and actually enjoy this wonderful season, just focus on these 5 things as soon as you get engaged…
- Tell Your Loved Ones – If they weren’t there for the proposal, pick up the phone and call your close friends and family. You definitely don’t want them finding out on social media.
- Get a Wedding Planning Notebook – You may not have all the details figured out yet, but you’ll be surprised how fast you and your fiance start deciding on things for the big day. It’s always a good idea to start with some organization… so having a safe place to keep all those plans and ideas is a must!
- Talk with Your Fiance About the Timeline – You definitely don’t want to start your engagement off with miscommunication. So it’s very important for the two of you to sit down and decide on the length of your engagement. Even if you don’t choose a specific wedding date right away, you at least need to agree upon a month and a year.
- Decide on a Budget – This is always the part no one wants to discuss, but it is SO important! Decide between the two of you how much you are able to spend on the big day. If your parents or other family members have offered to help, ask them if they have a number in mind. We know it’s awkward to talk about, but deciding on that number now is much better than looking back in 9 months wondering where all your money has gone.
- List Your Priorities – Before you dive-in to all the glorious aspects of wedding planning, talk with your fiance about what each of your priorities are. He may only care about the music and the food, while your top priorities may be the pictures and the flowers. Whatever they may be, work together to list your top 3 to 5 priorities so you know where the majority of your budget will go.
We love our brides, and we want you to thoroughly enjoy this exciting time in your life! So take a deep breath, and remember why you’re doing this… to spend forever with your best friend! Congratulations!
- nashville wedding planning
- wedding advice
- helpful tips
- engagement session
- wedding planning
- street tuxedo